Workshop about the SME-Instrument: Up to 2,5 Mio. Euro EU-Funding on the 16th of January
Added value of the seminar
- The participants obtain an overview of the EU-funding, particularly of the SME-Instrument and learn what the functioning logic and mechanism behind it really are.
- They learn if their project matches the first or second phase as well as how to write successful proposals and how experts assess them.
» Hier geht es zu den aktuellen Seminaren.
Within Horizon 2020, the overall framework for research and innovatino, almost three billion Euros are exklusively for Startups, Entrepreneurs and SMEs. If your Startup or SME is looking for funding for a disruptive and highly innovative concept, product or service you can apply either for Phase 1 or Phase 2 of the so-called SME-Instrument.
- In Phase 1 you will get a lump sum of 50.000 € to finance the feasibility of your innovative solution in the marketplace (proof-of-concept).
- In Phase 2 you will get 500.000 € up to 2,5 Mio. Euro for several types of activities aimed at bringing innovation to investment readiness and maturity for market take-up, such as: prototyping, miniaturisation, scaling-up, design, performance verification, testing, demonstration, development of pilot lines, validation for market replication.
Funding is available for several domains. Tech-Startups and SMEs (Software / Web / Wearables / Platforms / ICT Hardware / ICT Infrastructure) will receive funding under the topic "Open Disruptive Innovation" (ODI). The ODI objective will support the validation, fast prototyping and demonstration of disruptive innovation bearing a strong EU dimension.
The Workshop is divided into the parts "Learn" and "Do":
- The first part of the workshop will give you an overview about EU-funding. You will understand how the whole process from proposal to grant works and what schemes are relevant to entrepreneurs, StartUps and SMEs
- In the second part, the workshop will equip you with all the information, tools and hands-on training to write winning proposals – taking a case study of a typical entrepreneur and their StartUp / SME. Furthermore, it is explained what a European commission appointed proposal evaluator typically look for.
The Workshop will be led by Kumardev Chatterjee, Founder and President of the European Young Innovators Forum the leading organisation for young European entrepreneurs. Mr. Chatterjee is also leading the venue of EYIF EU Startup Services, a consulting company supporting SMEs and Startups applying for EU-Funding. In the second round of the SME-Instrument the only proposal written by EUSS for a German Startup has already received funding.
- Kumardev Chatterjee has been involved in the design and setting up of the Horizon 2020 SME instrument over the last three years.
- As a European commission appointed independent expert, he has evaluated proposals for the European Commission for a €20 Million grant portfolio in 2013.
- Kumardev Chatterjee has a long history of involvement in EU policy, grants, proposals, and projects and is an official Horizon-2020-testiomonial. 2014 he has been awarded as an Innovation Luminary.
If you are still not sure if this workshop might be interesting you can also consider to get a first insight into the SME-instrument via a brief webinar by Moritz Förster, Country Manager Germany of EUSS.
- After the workshop participants receive the handout.
- The workshop will be conduted in English.