» Hier geht es zu den aktuellen Seminaren.
Even though several months have passed since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) became applicable, the German economy is still struggling to implement the European regulation. According to a survey conducted by the leading digital association Bitkom among more than 500 companies, less than a quarter (24 percent) of German companies have fully implemented the GDPR, yet. Many enterprises are still uncertain about the new privacy regulations: urgent privacy issues remain unresolved, process adaptations often take excessive time, and unsatisfied customers request the premature deletion of their data..
In this workshop the participants will obtain a wide-ranging overview of the European regulation, and it's implementation into the German Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG-neu). Based on current use cases, participants will be provided with concrete recommendations for an efficient and compliant implementation of the new privacy requirements in their own organisations.
Your Benefits of the GDPR workshop
- You will receive a comprehensive and effective overview of the fields of application and basic principles of the GDPR and the BDSG.
- You will familiarize yourselves with a range of practice-oriented approaches (accountability, information and deletion, etc.) and instruments (privacy impact assessment, procedural directory and TOMs, etc.).
- You will gain knowledge on how to safely operate in international business activities (privacy shield, adequacy decision) as well as marketing activities (social media and direct marketing, etc.) in compliance with privacy regulations.
- You will learn how to use resources and existing structures optimally in order to quickly and efficiently shape your business processes in accordance with data protection regulations.
- The contents of the course are based on current data protection requirements and are suitable as proof of further training in accordance with § 15 FAO.
Content of the GDPR workshop
- Areas of application and fundamental principles of the GDPR
- New and old legal requirements
- Purpose limitation / Change of purpose
- Procedural directory / Privacy impact assessment
- Data Processing Addendum and Data Transfers to Third Countries (Safe Harbor / Privacy Shield)
- New approaches (e.g. right to be forgotten, data portability, accountability)
- Roles and responsibilities of the internal data protection officer
- The competences of supervisory authorities and potential sanctions
- Shaping efficient and compliant data flows within the company
- Impact of the GDPR on direct marketing and social media
- The workshop serves as a proof of expertise for data protection officers and takes place in small groups. This allows our speakers to better address individual questions.
- The workshop can only be held if a minimum of five attendees is reached.
- Bitkom Akademie is a recognized training institution in Baden-Württemberg and North Rhine-Westphalia. Under the German Bildungszeitgesetz, participants can apply for educational holidays or exemption. On request, we can also provide requests for accreditation of our events in other federal states. The contents of the course are based on current data protection requirements and are suitable as proof of further training in accordance with § 15 FAO.
- Lunch and drinks are included in the price of the training.
- Tip: use the special conditions offered by our partners for your journey to our academy workshops.
- Find out more about current data protection topics at the Privacy Conference on 17th September 2019 in Berlin.